barking, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast
-->
  1. Question Time

Fiona Bruce is proving to be a very good host for the show.
    I like her style.

Diane Abbott was the star of last nights show.
    I really hope there will be a compilation of her 'best bits' in politics
    what a lege!

2. Likes Brian5971 liked this post
  3. YOUR COMMENTS:

4. Fiona Bruce last night stated that Labour are behind in the polls when they are actually ahead in all bar one poll.
    Is lying to the nation the style you like from state broadcasters?

5. salus - true

Also pre hype before live of Dianne Abbot humour to the audience reported on twitter be people who were in the audience

6. Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    Fiona Bruce last night stated that Labour are behind in the polls when they are actually ahead in all bar one poll.
    I cannot answer that question unless you post links to your claims.

7. I reckon Fiona Bruce has made a great start on the show.

Although last night she gave far too much time to the main two parties, not enough for the others. And as usual, the representatives of Labour and Conservative did their utmost to waffle on without actually answering the questions put to them. Particularly on the question of 'which red line would you drop'. I'd have liked to hear more from Anand Menon, who spoke authoritatively on the subject of Brexit.

I've no particular faith in Abbott. I understand that she's an award winning Parliamentarian and that she's held cabinet posts under two leaders, but she's never come across publicly as very proficient. I'm appalled at the abuse she's received, and I know that just because an MP isn't particularly charismatic doesn't mean they aren't good at their job. But she doesn't do it for me.

The Tory chap spent most of the night gurning while others spoke. Again, not a great representative of his party.

All round, though, I think Bruce is making a good job of it so far.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    I cannot answer that question unless you post links to your claims.

https://evolvepolitics.com/bbc-quest...s-in-the-polls

9. Clive - I thought it was lie as never seems to be any editing. Probably a good job as sure something might need to be edited out.

Quote from twitter...
    Three audience members all confirm same point, Fiona Bruce & BBC staff whipped up antagonism against Diane Abbot before the @bbcquestiontime recording. The question is, is this just typical BBC anti-Labour bias, deep rooted establishment racism, or both? Utterly appalling #bbcqt

10. Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post

Never heard of those left wing ones.

Scroll down to the polls on
    'Preferred PM and Corbyn V May.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...neral_election

11. Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    salus - true

Also pre hype before live of Dianne Abbot humour to the audience reported on twitter be people who were in the audience
    I've read that from several sources. If true, it is disgusting. While she isn't my cup of tea, she's achieved a lot. First black woman MP, gaining a place at Cambridge in the early 70s, which again for a black woman was exceptional. Apparently when she first became an MP, she was told in a House of Commons tea room that she 'didn't belong here'.

I guess times haven't changed that much.

I'm a great believer in questioning and calling to account our elected representatives, particularly those on my side of the House. Again, I'm not a huge fan of hers, but she has won her seats with huge majorities, so for her constituents, she must be doing something well.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Am I correct in understanding that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I reckon Fiona Bruce has made a great start on the show.

I've no particular faith in Abbott. I understand that she's an award winning Parliamentarian and that she's held cabinet posts under two leaders, but she's never come across publicly as very proficient. I'm appalled at the abuse she's received, and I know that just because an MP isn't particularly charismatic doesn't mean they aren't good at their job.
    I agree with this.

Surely substance is always more important that window dressing.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

I'd say firstly they feel sorry for May. I can't think of another politician who so doggedly clings to power in the face of opposition from their own party.

Secondly, if people are voting for personalities rather than manifestos, not only are they too stupid to have a vote, but there isn't a politician in the country that would achieve a seat.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

I take it that any poll not in favour of the Tories is a left wing poll, interesting thought process.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    a poll is a poll

Those aren't what Fiona Bruce was broadcasting lies to thw nation about so don't change the subject.

17. Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    Fiona Bruce last night stated that Labour are behind in the polls when they are actually ahead in all bar one poll.
    and when challenged (by Hamble) about source, followed up with ...
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    Interestingly, Hamble's response was ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Hmmm ... the Wiki link (from Hamble) details a list of several historical polls, and just looking at the latest ones (2019) it shows 3 a piece for Labour/Conservative and one tie ... if you want to take it back a bit further to a the last 30 days then by all means include the last one from 2018 which was also a tie.

So by quoting the above link, where the two main parties have 3 polls each in their favour, are we to conclude that Hamble is actually agreeing with Salus when he said Fiona Bruce was incorrect stating Labour are behind in the polls?

Just wanted to check before I marked it in the calendar.

Ironically, the funniest thing of all is the comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    because of the ten polls mentioned in Salus's link, every one is mentioned in the subsequent Hamble link ... if you don't believe me check for yourself using the details (conducted by/date/result) !!!

1 ... LastLast

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Barking / London
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Barking

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in barking
Replacement Stove Glass in barking
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
barkingbarking News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)